Saturday, March 12, 2011

age

We meet people everyday, some younger, others older. When I meet people (individuals or group), I don't  discriminate the age; as long as I can have a decent conversation, I'm happy. But I have noticed that I have a much harder time to connect with younger people, especially when they are about a decade younger than me. I am still very young at heart and I can find common subjects to talk about, but sometimes their attitude turns me off. For example, today I have been hanging out with this group of british "kids" (I call them kids because they are 18). They are very fun and energetic group of people but I can't relate to drinking in public area and get hammered. I have done that 10 years ago, that behaviour is idiotic. Somewhere down the line, I lost the desire or will to get drunk just to get drunk.  Obviously to every rule, there is an exception. In the rare occasion, I get to meet "kids" that are wise and mature beyond their year, to the point that I forget their real age.

Since when does growing up makes me feel so damn old?

1 comment:

  1. don't feel old... you're still one of the most immature people i know and am grateful to know haha :)

    ReplyDelete